Format, Rules, and Guidelines
1. 3 on 3 Tournament will be for participants based on 2016-2017 USA Hockey age guidelines. All players are required to have a current USA hockey registration in order to participate. Age divisions will be based on the following (players may play up if needed, but the intention is to play within the age divisions specified):
a. U8 (Mite) Birth Years 2008, 2009, 2010
b. Squirt Birth Years 2006, 2007
c. Peewee Birth Years 2004, 2005
d. Bantam Birth Years 2003, 2002
e. Midget Birth Years 2001, 2000
2. All games will be played on cross ice, below the blue line with a maximum of 7 skaters and a minimum of 4 skaters per team (including 1 goalie). Goalies maybe changed on a per game basis, but no players can be added to a team after rosters are submitted prior to any games.
3. Location: Riley Arena Cody, WY (1400 Heart Mountain St Cody, WY 82414) Phone: 307-587-1681 Email: email@example.com
4. Uniform: Each team will designate which color uniforms they will have available at the tournament. If there is a conflict with jersey colors the home team (team listed second on the schedule) will be allowed to wear their selected jersey color.
5. Rules: USAH rules and guidelines will govern the tournament. USA Hockey Zero Tolerance Policy will be enforced. All penalties will result in a penalty shot. Referees calls are final and not debatable.
Any dispute may result in ejection of the coach of disqualification of the team.
6. In the event of injury, medical costs will be the responsibility of the participant.
7. Game Format:
• Games will be 25 minutes run time (1 period only)
• Games will be played 3 x 3 with a goalie. Team size will be limited to 7 skaters and 1 goalie.
• No icing
• No offsides
• No checking
• No freezing of the puck by the goalie (however referees may require the offensive team to step back from the goalie to allow the goalie/defensive team to clear the puck.)
• Referees will be on the ice for each game. All referee calls and decisions are final and not debatable. All penalties will result in a penalty shot by the offended player.
• Excessive physical or verbal abuse will result in game ejection.
• Fighting will result in tournament ejection.
• There will be no overtime periods. All ties will be determined by a best of 3-shoot-out until a winner is decided. Each team is required to use every player once before using any player a second time.
• Game puck will be provided.
• All Mite games (U8) will be played with smaller nets and lighter (blue) pucks.